Monday, July 14, 2008

Useless pieces of information

Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten. (Naaz's take: I can think of a few cat-lover buddies of mine who would be interested in this random piece of info.)

The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infra-red and ultraviolet light. (Naaz's take: I will be using this piece of information the next time someone tells me I have the attention span/memory of a gold fish. Somehow, I'll be able to incorporate this info, I'm sure of it.)

It takes a lobster approximately seven years to grow to be one pound.
(I've never tried lobster. I wonder if I'd like it? Is it too fishy??)

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
(Naaz's take: Perfect example of random piece of info that is pretty useless. Except now, I'll be thinking of Leo everytime I pick up a pair of scissors, I'm sure of it!)

An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes.
(Naaz's take: Attacked by an iguana? Thinking of how to save yourself? We don't recommend death by drowning. It would take a while.)

And you know what? I came to know today from a magazine that South Africa is the only country with three official capitals: Pretoria, Cape Town and Bloemfontein.

No comments: