Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fed up

Will someone please, PLEASE explain to me, just what, WHAT is so gravely wrong, so unnatural, so indecent about being an ambitious, young woman with the ability, desire and drive to marry later whenever she feels like and to move to another country alone, where she will be living as a single expat (oh the horror, oh the shock), solely for the carrier and experience factor?

WHAT about all of that makes me so unnatural, hopeless and 'corrupted' to a blinded, older generation that are incapable of seeing any farther than their prejudiced, crooked, hooked noses?

Also, what happened to the age-old adage, which I've taken the liberty to edit, slightly; 'If you have nothing nice to say, then keep your thoughts to yourself and SHUT THE HELL UP.'

Or or...how about...'When I want your opinion, I'll be sure to YELL FOR IT AND BEG YOU TO SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT. Otherwise, again, I repeat, SHUT THE HELL UP.'

If myself and my immediate family members are understanding, supportive and accepting of my decision to CREATE A LIFE FOR MYSELF, then I really do not appreciate the backwardness of this society shoving their displaced prejudices and misunderstandings of the accepted societal norms and traditions down our throats. Our only concern should be having to deal with missing one another, and most definitely NOT with 'what people are going to say and think.' But heck. these people are corrupting my family members heads. I wonder what would befall.

I'm a person with plans. I'm not going to sit back and dream about them one day coming true. I'm going to make sure they come true, and I'm going to actively work on ensuring that things happen for me. If that makes me abnormal, atypical, destined to forever sprint down the wrong and evil path, inappropriate, stupid for turning my back on the comforts of irresponsible living, deviant even...then so be it!

3 comments:

Esfand` said...

:)))) Go Girl !!
Thats the spirit ....
Keep rocking!!

I like this kind of resistance :P hehe, its fun to make fun of this, so dont take it seriously. Our society, our culture, hamari param para :P wont leave us so easy ;)
so remember 'its business, not personal' lol :D
but what... resisting them comes at a price of being alienated, being left alone ...but then who cares. Isnt this what happens to all ambitious people? :D
lol, then to the make it even more funny, later on when everything goes as u had planned it... they come back to claim u ..like one of their own :P

Be good, be positive! Keep working! make ur dreams come true!

Naaz Farheen Rahman said...

THANKS BRICK!!
you know, you really are among one of my 'THOSE' few friends I have who gives me this inspiration to live another day....lol...this time I mean it :P (and it isnt sarcasm)

The New Age Superhero said...

haha.. glad to know that :D