Sunday, September 7, 2008

An ode to the art of silliness


My niece likes to sing

She'd be sitting in the drawing room, with her dad, riveting all her senses on to that jigsaw puzzle, until she arranges it right. As my room is close to the drawing room and the door is wide open, as is mine, and we're each on our respective tasks - her tools are a jigsaw cards, toys and toys. My tools are my flying fingers, my desktop keyboard and my books scattered around - she sings, and I continue along.

And all the while, she's be singing to herself and I can hear her, singing it out:

kabhi kabhi aditi .....zindagi mein yuhi.... apna lagta hai
kabhi kabhi aditi woh bichad jaaye to.... lagta hai

kabhi kabhi to lage zindagi mein rahi naa khushi aur naa mazaa
kabhi kabhi to lage....................

Sometimes she switches, and starts singing nursery rhymes:

elley the elephant goes
this way and that

she is so very big

she is so very fat........


And then she continues with her song:

aise mein koi kaise muskuraye kaise hass de khush hoke aur kaise koi soch le everything gonna be okay

sonch zara jaane jaa tujhko hum kitna chahte hai
raat ke baad hi to savera hota hai..

(Then she hums a little 'cause I don't think she knows the words)

In response, I start playing in my iTunes the songs she's singing, and I blasted for her.

That's her cue to toss aside all her things and toy stuffs. In seconds, she's in my room, and I, also in response, jump out of my chair, and of course, we start dancing. And we start jumping from one bed to its sister bed before falling and twisting our ankles.

With the music reverberating throughout the house, it grasps my mother's attention, and she scurries downstairs to see what all the fuss is about. My brother subsequently start screaming and we just nod our heads in agreement. And after some time, she return back to my room asking to play it again.

This time, we started producing strange, scary noises and scared the hell outta everyone!

Man! that kid cracks me up!

4 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

i swear if i had the powers and if i was brave enough.. i would steal all the kids in the world and stuff them up at my place.. once they reach the age of 10.. i would return them :P

POLAR BEAR said...

U r very fortunate coz u have someone to be with, but here.............me and my loneliness,
yadoon se kam chalata hoon

Naaz Farheen Rahman said...

hey brick..LOL
heheheee :P why do you need bravery for that?

hey polar bear
thanks, I don't think I'm that fortunate 'cause my bro left back to his place just yesterday and I miss my niece so badly- the eerie sounds she would produce to make me go nuts and her kiss...hmmm :(

Esfand` said...

LOL :P