Thursday, June 12, 2008

Impatient, that is me

Patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to preserve calmly when faced with difficulties

Impatience is an opposite of patience or having a lack of patience.

Being patient is one of the hardest feats in the world for me to master. I am just unable to put something out of my head and wait patiently for it to resolve itself – it makes me feel antsy and in a perpetual limbo of nothingness that's going nowhere. I'm sure that makes absolutely no sense to you, but basically, I feel like climbing walls and scraping stone with my bare nails in order to find answers to questions that are plaguing me. Or to have something I want happen to just happen already.

So. Like I said. Impatient. That's me.

I consider it a terrible vice. My impatience, that is. And right now, I am being forced to be patient about so many different issues. It's driving me nuts.

And if you think about it, there are the short-term issues to be patient about, which are all keeping me up at night of course because I just can't let things be, and then there's the long-term issues you are forced to be patient about as well, because it may be years before you get what you want, if you're able to be patient enough to keep persevering at accomplishing your goals. It's like being stuck in a pile of mud, unable to move in any direction.

I AM LOSING IT OVER HERE.

I am sure this makes no sense but it's okay, I'm a selfish blogger. Have a little patience for me, will ya?

1 comment:

The New Age Superhero said...

oh it made perfect sense.. feeling like you are stuck in mud and are not able to move anywhere.. yes! yes! yes! i get it! i get it! who likes to wait.. bloody... it's just waste of time.. this waiting and all.. waste of life