Saturday, June 7, 2008

maturity?

I've been told that I'm older than my age. Umm... may be that my experiences in life have made me more mature than most people my age. Don't know if that is a good thing. Huh? I've also been told that I could be too nice and trusting that gives out the impression that I'm "childish" or " immature"LOL. hmmm... make up your mind people?!?!

Well i know what I am. I am mature enough to sit there with a 40/50/ 60 year with no problem having a deep meaningful conversation. Childish enough to spend hours playing with kids and making all sorts of goofy noises. teehheee

What does maturity mean?
It only means that you are now acting MORE aware of how crappy life is!! After that realization of the abundance of deception, cruelty, backstabbing, selfishness, immorality, destruction, fakeness, poverty, jealousy, greed.. etc..etc. Its hard to be gullible, trusting, positive and all those braidy bunch & legally blonde feelings!

You realize how stupid you were thinking life was simple. A nice bed time story no longer makes the "monsters" go away. A chocolate bar doesn't heal or fix what the years have broken. A good friend could also end up being a GREAT enemy. Happiness is no longer based on watching cartoons like "powerpuff girls", "peter pan", " snow white", "KND" etc

Is it part of growing up that we get sick of things easily?! Why are we so hard to please now?! Why is it the older we get the more we feel the old days were much better!?!?!

I always said I would never change no matter what experiences I go through but even ROCKS are worn out by the continuous water flow. I have changed somehow.Umm.. well, we all change in the cycle of life. I hope I did to the better. But all i just hope i never forget how to have fun and appreciate the simple things in life cause that would simply be DEPRESSING! *sigh*

3 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

if we stand some ten feet above ourselves and look at our lives as a movie script.. they seem like a self-created mess which can be simplified like a 2+2 problem.. unfortunately.. when we are in the movie.. we are never looking to arrive at 4.. but we keep adding 3,4,5 to it and mess it all up worse :P

Naaz Farheen Rahman said...

thats exactly right. And very well said :)

but what I really abhor about ourselves is when we see our forerunners having messed up their own movie scripts, we don't learn the 'simple equation' from them that 2+2=4... we repeat the same mistake over and over again and finally when we get the answer that when its too late!

The New Age Superhero said...

oh.. that we do to make our lives exciting yaa.. also cz we like to stay dissatisfied.. and finally cz we have been gifted with this blessed power to choose :P